Thursday, November 06, 2008

selling the drama


i want to share a secret. yobib and i had our greatest fight on our first christmas as a married couple. the reason, i already forgot now. but what made it big was my being so quiet. i was so overly sensitive, charge it to my pregnancy. i kept all my thoughts inside me while he likes to talk misunderstandings at once. and i hate to talk when i am mad. back then, we are two separate individuals, who does not like to meet halfway!

we made a scene, soap opera like. i packed my things and prepared to leave. he was mad too and carried my things away.. an unpleasant scene from a newly married couple on a christmas day. though no words were spoken, it still left a sad spot on my soul. i swear it wil never happen ever again! from then on, i will speak my mind - we will talk! i will voice out my feelings! my views will never be secret to him.

yobib is very vocal, he keeps no secrets from me and that includes his naughty escapades with girls in the past.. and i must say he played around nonstop before! (oooops that's another secret!) but then i learned something, i guess our being so open to each other helps to strengthen our relationship. we have our little misunderstandings now, but it will not last an hour.. we will talk, get back into each other arms smiling, forgiving, kissing and making up.

and yes, we sold the drama. though it does not make us rich, it gives us enough of something to keep us together. we swap the drama with talk.

8 comments:

Chubskulit Rose Friday, November 07, 2008 7:07:00 PM  

Cute naman ng LQ nyo hehehe.. I don't talk when I'm mad eithere because if I do, it wont stop. But yeah, its good to talk things out...

ms firefly Friday, November 07, 2008 7:08:00 PM  

nothing beats a good communication between a husband and wife for a harmonious relationship. a little bit of practice, and it should come to you naturally. it just feels so good to have someone know your deepest thoughts and longings!

keep it up!

Umma Saturday, November 08, 2008 2:49:00 AM  

We're totally the same in character Niko ganda.. U couldnt imagine how many times I packed my stuff too and even heading to airport while hubby was the one driving hahaha

Our misunderstanding is always bec of me, I guess Im kind of childish sometimes and knowing that he pampers me a lot so I became spoiled and confident that he will not let me go anyway hahaha.

But now, I;ve changed, Im ready to face compromise and talk my heart out once Im mad at him unlike before that I refused to talk for days and continue to get upset eventhough everything is already subsided. Silly me :)

sheng Saturday, November 08, 2008 2:59:00 PM  

can't stop smiling while reading this post.

we have a different scene here..hehehe... tried to packed his things for him to leave me and told him not to come back anymore.

when i'm mad i always wanted to talk and talk and when i stop he can never hear anything from me even if he ask me to answer back...then he will be mad of me for not talking...

we do fight a lot and i got tired of it so now a days i've tried not to talk and keep everything inside.

niko Monday, November 10, 2008 11:47:00 AM  

chubskulit,
yeah, communicate communicate communicate.. and talking when mad is big no for me, i might say something il regret forever.. hahaha :D

you're right odette,
it feels good to know that one out of billions of people on earth knows you that well.. and you know also from head to foot. wink.

umma,
i was laughing so hard, you still had ur hubby drive u to the airport.. i know u dont really mean to go coz if you do, you surely got a cab!!! :D
i just cant imagine you mad though, so how it is when ur mad?? i always imagine u smiling..

i am so childish too, i am so pampered by hubby and just like u our misunderstandings is always because of ME! :D

ate sheng,
hahahah laughing here ate sheng.. did u just do that?? drive ur husband away?? i have to tell u this,u are very scary when angry ate.. :D

Mommy Liz Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:31:00 AM  

The first year of marriage is the hardest of all. Adjustment status eka nga. And I tell yah, been with my husband for 7 years and from time to time, I still discover things about him that I didn't knew exists.

WE do have misunderstandings, who don't, we're just human and make mistakes. But, we talk about it. We agreed that we won't go to sleep without clearing things up. And it works for us. I am proud to say that we never had any big arguments that never gets settled before sleeping. Most of it is about decision making.

Glad you got adjusted well with married life..
Take care, and have fun with your family..

niko Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:36:00 AM  

speaking things up and settling differences before sleeping is hard for me kasi i dont want to speak when i;m mad.. it might worsen the situation pag nagsalita ako, i cant seem to stop kaya i just keep quiet.

but that was before.. :D buti na lang i am adjusting na.. or masyado lang mabait si hubby.. napagbibigyan ang pagkachildish ko! :D

now we settle misunderstanding as early as we can.. bawal magkagalit.. dapat laging kampi! :D

heheh

sheng Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:00:00 PM  

yeah niko, i've done it almost 3 times.

i guess for the next time i'll throw his things in the window..hahaha

but the things is he never gets scared of me..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP