Wednesday, November 05, 2008

ever after


want to change name? get married!

i dont know if its also the same case in other country, but here in the philippines when a woman get married, it will be automatic to use her husbands surname. and so if you want to change your name, go on and get married! ;)

but you will have to face the consequences of it all (evil laugh here! LOL), i will name a few i experienced..

first, it's like going back to grade 1. i have to right down remembering what is my new surname and middle name. often times in the past months, i would need an extra paper to back me up, i know its weird but i really contemplate first before filling up a single sheet!

second, having a new name, middle name and surname mean new signature. after a year, i now know what my signature will be. it was a constant practice on my part.. and scratch papers have been all around my table since day one of being Mrs. E. and i must agree that it's hard to create a new mess like handwriting!

third, it is a must to change all important identification cards! from SSS ID, tax identification ID, company ID, philhealth, credit cards and ATM cards. have i mention the bills?! you have to prepare yourself with handfulls of xerox copies of your marriage contract!

fourth, i've been praying to God not to give me a spouse surname beginning with E. though i know i am God's favorite, he gave me my husband whose surname starts with E. now my whole name initials is the word i dreaded the most, being LATE.

fifth, now you know that my real name starts with L, mother's maiden name with A, my maiden name with T, and my surname now is E.

I am Mrs LATE.

6 comments:

sheng Wednesday, November 05, 2008 3:31:00 PM  

In muslim countries like here in UAE or any other arab countries it is not applied.

Here you remain single....hehehehe i mean when a woman get married here they don't need to change their surname. They will use their father's surname and not their husband's surname till they die...

Infact a months after my husband came here... he asked me why i am not changing or using his surname... he had a doubt that maybe i don't want to make it known to the public that i am married. i told him that here in Dubai it's not necessary...

Umma Wednesday, November 05, 2008 3:52:00 PM  

Cool initials...but Im sure the holder was never been late hahaha..

how are you NiKO ganda.. how's Yena doing? She is much better now compare yesterday? Give my hugs to her..

niko Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:04:00 PM  

ate sheng,

thanks, i learn something new today!! galing naman sa dubai!! i like.. heheh

umma,

yena is so much better!! parang she cant get enough of milk!! parang di nabubusog.. heheh

i will!! thanks!!

Mommy Liz Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:05:00 PM  

Here in US, you can choose if you want to keep your maiden name or you want or use your married name. It's between you and your husband. When I got married, I didn't have any choice but to change my name since I have to add my husband to my insurance.
I do love the sound of my new name, I mean I love my maiden name, I used it since the day I was born until I agreed to marry my hubby. There is nothing that could sound better than your first name and last name of your loving husband. That's what I thought..

ms firefly Friday, November 07, 2008 7:06:00 PM  

hehe, that's a funny story, but at least everytime you write your initials, you will surely smile!

i preferred to use my husband's name because it was much easier in the processing of my immigration papers. and it gives me the feeling of family, i'm sooo pinoy you see. :)

niko Monday, November 10, 2008 11:50:00 AM  

mom of four,

i have to agree, the feeling is high hearing your new name.. with your loving husband's name on its end.. LOL

odette,
i do, actually i am loving it. it always give me reason to smile.. LATE. it has a new meaning now for me! :D

i know u are, so pinoy! wink

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP