Friday, August 07, 2009

A Letter to my 18 Month Old Toddler

Dearest Boyeng,

You just don’t know how you made me the happiest mother in the whole wide world last night. Lying beside each other, I was telling you to sleep while I was trying to hug you but you keep on moving, and then you suddenly face me and said ‘KISS’ while my eyes were closed. Did you just say Kiss? All along I thought I was dreaming but you clearly said KISS, I tried to stop my joyful tears from falling and then we kissed, you turn your back and hug your pillow again. Those months of tucking you to bed with a kiss in your ears and a whisper of goodnight finally pay off.

I might have slept already but then I heard you calling me, mommy (in your own slang way it sounds like Mem Mi). As sleepy as I was I opened my eyes half-closed and then you said LOVE. We have been embracing, giving family hug now and then; we taught you that hugging is LOVE. In the middle of the night you woke up and said: mommy and love? At that moment I thank God again and again that I have you.

I was smiling all the day here at work when one officemate commented ‘you look so happy today!’ Now it finally sinks in, my 18 month old toddler finally told me those three words I have been longing to hear. KISS, LOVE and MOMMY.

How can I be sad? I have you! Thank you for making me happiest everyday.

I love you so much Boyeng!
Mommy

15 comments:

marveling Friday, August 07, 2009 6:29:00 PM  

Awww so sweet naman, parang si EJ this week lang din nya nasa bi ang "I Love You" but it sounds like "ILo'Yo". Nakakaiyak talaga mare, I was so overjoyed din when he said that..

Good job Yena! Oppps bakit pala boyeng hehehe

Dana Telecom Friday, August 07, 2009 8:37:00 PM  

What a happy mom you are. I really Glad to read this kind of story.

Meryl (proud pinay) Friday, August 07, 2009 11:43:00 PM  

ang sarap pakinggan kapag nagsasalita na ang anak ng mommy at iba pang words^_^nakakataba ng puso...although la pa akong kid/s. na feel ko sa post mo ang saya ng pagiging mommy...
nxt yr pa namin plan mag baby ...i'm sure hapi ang feeling ng maging mommy ^_^

musta na girl? hapi wkend sis.

Luke Saturday, August 08, 2009 12:43:00 AM  

Cute baby. Malambing pa. Your a lucky mom. :)

Mummy Moon Saturday, August 08, 2009 1:11:00 AM  

She is so cute! Nice to visit your blog.

Mommy Liz Saturday, August 08, 2009 7:30:00 AM  

Yes Mare ko, all those sleepless exhausting nights will pay off once they start telling you words that you long to hear. She has great parents who teach her how to become a loving person. Congratulations Mare, I can feel your emotions. I get teary eyed when any of my kids tells me that I am the bestest mom, or I am her bestfriend ever.. Or I am the best cooker..
Take care..

Lulu Saturday, August 08, 2009 8:08:00 AM  

those are really priceless... when andrea wakes up and said hi to me with a smile it always makes me cry

when she sees me crying (watching movies) she always gives me a hug... those moments are really priceless

Cecile Saturday, August 08, 2009 11:09:00 AM  

Yena is so cute, man sa Ina :-)

Chris Saturday, August 08, 2009 3:00:00 PM  

so sweet... joys of motherhood!

Beth Saturday, August 08, 2009 6:10:00 PM  

yes, very precious moments talaga hearing our kid/s say the magic words! or just asking for a kiss. nothing in the world beats that feeling! good for you because you started blogging early kaya na-jo-journalize mo moments nyo! Yena is growing up so sweet because she is surrounded by people who love her! :)

Glenda is the name. =) Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:53:00 AM  

awwww you're a wonder mom ate!

rache Sunday, August 09, 2009 4:59:00 AM  

you're so sweet niko... :)
those priceless moments really makes a mommy happy :p

pehpot Sunday, August 09, 2009 6:09:00 PM  

awww.. so sweet naman! I cna imagine you mare.. mabuti nman at hindi binaha ang bahay nyo.. ey thanks nung Friday ha :)

parehas tayong nagmamadali haha.. bawi tayo this coming Thursday..

Si chico naman kahit bulol pa he would always blab.. bab bab bab.. which I believe means I love you haha

and yes, magkumare kayu ni Seiko kay Sati :)


Make or Break

Seiko Monday, August 10, 2009 12:23:00 AM  

Oh you have pretty & adorable daughter pala & I like your simple letter to her.So sweet!
So finally I have met you grin!
Nakikita na kita everytime I post my comment to our co-Bloggers & I even read the featured of Mareng Pehpot about you.So magiging magkumare pala tayo I'll start calling you Mareng Niko na.Hope you don't mind ..'m still on my vacation & be home on the 15th.
I hope I can meet you as well as Mareng Pehpot.'m really glad & it's so nice to meet you here.I'll add you into my list Mare,grin!

fedhz Monday, August 10, 2009 3:30:00 AM  

ganda talaga ng mga letters mo for Yena, mommy! inggit ako. ako di ko talaga ma-express eh. puro na lang ako sigaw sa anak ko. haay..

shempre happy tayo, lalu na diba kung mommy ung words na binabanggit nila. suuuupeeer sarap sa tenga.. kahit nanay or mama pa yan. tapos feel na feel pa nila, with matching puppy eyes. graber!

nagulat nga ako minsan nun sinabi namin kay Yz, good night, Yz, i love you. sagot nya, I love you.. so much! ayun, kakanood ng Barney siguro hehehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP