Friday, July 31, 2009

Papa: The Choir’s Number One Fan!

We sent Papa, my father in law, to his final resting place yesterday. I cried a lot, I just can’t hold my sadness over the thought that he will not be with us anymore. Though I found comfort knowing that wherever he is right now, he is in peace and is really resting from all the pain.

I belong to a choir, I and my brother in law Andy established seven years ago. Now the group is composed of family members and close friends. We gave papa the nightly prayers and melodious songs he used to enjoy. Papa used to attend our 9am Sunday mass and was keen on listening to us on our every Saturday song practices, he was our number fan. I can imagine papa’s very wide smiles while were singing his favorite songs of praise on his funeral mass. Andy plays the organ, while my tears were falling while singing with the rest of the group.

I have been talking to the group about my little projects. My first project is dressing the choir, I hope it become successful. Next in line would be additional musical instruments. I have been eyeing some musical instruments at shopwiki, they have wide arrays of musical instruments I’d like the group to have someday. I’d like the choir to decide on what instruments to add to further improve our music. I know we need some drum sets and flutes. I am still thinking on who would play the trumpets.

2 comments:

Chubskulit Rose Friday, July 31, 2009 2:36:00 PM  

We are praying for your Papa's soul, may he rest in peace with God mare!

Glenda is the name. =) Friday, July 31, 2009 3:09:00 PM  

i know and understand exactly how you feel ate... ako kahit ilang months na ang nakakalipas when my grandma passed away, parang pag nakikita ko yung last pictures namin with her, parang fresh parin lahat. pero share ko lang itong verse na 'to sayo ate...

"Eye has not seen... the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." -1 Corinthians 2:9

TO SEE JESUS WILL BE HEAVEN'S GREATEST JOY.

Isipin na lang talaga natin na nasa HAPPY PLACE na sila... at magkikita naman tayo ulit sa tamang panahon eh. =D *hugs*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP