Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Abdominal Pain Chronicles

I've been to different slopes of emotions this past few days and as much as i would like to put it all to rest now i will try to write my thoughts on the things that were.

I was rushed to La Salle University Medical Center wednesday afternoon, hubby and i stayed at the emergency room until 10pm. Doctor asked me to be admitted but i refused, thinking i might get well the next morning coz i have lots of reports waiting for me at the office. Went home but the pain did not subside until the next day, i decided to face one of my greatest fear when admitted at the hospital - Intravenous (IV)


(That was the slim hand i had. I have swollen hands right now!- yes left and right!!)

Laboratory Procedures and Diagnosis:
IV Ultrasound - 1cm myoma at the uterus. I knew i have this already way back year 2006, i thought it left me already.. :(

Abdominal xray - fecal retention, Hahah. Was given Fleet Enema (just google the word and know how uncomfortable it is!) twice and lots of laxative in my whole stay at the hospital! They thought losing everything in my intestines would cure me err

Abdominal ultrasound - gallstones at gallbladder. Though tiny, i was still given antibiotic just so my veins would swell (that is just me!) they explained why am i given chloramphenicol but i wont care.. i just hate IV's! it is more painful than my tummy!! IV alone is painful already, add an antibiotic that would run directly to your vein, oh i already forgot how my aching tummy felt like.

I was on Liquid diet for my whole stay at the hospital and i really missss rice or everything carbo! I was thin before, but having a liquid diet for more days would definitely turn me into a skull like bony creature on earth. Whoa. I resisted my doctor's advice of staying until tuesday at the hospital. I wanted to go home! i wanted to eat normal again. I wanted to be with my Yena.

(I was a very happy mom, when yena and my family visited me! Look at my bulgy eyes, to they say it all?)

Oh am sorry, i though it would be a short post, hubby asked me to sleep already coz i really need some rest. But i really want to have this opportunity to thank people who made me feel more loved.I know my friends and family would always be there for me but for this two angels who moved my little heaven on earth, who exerted an effort on calling and texting me though they are on the other side of the world - i was just ecstatic to say i really found real friends at the internet! To that i am so thankful very very much!! Thanks to my two precious kumare on earth - Mareng Liz and Mareng Umma!! Am deeply touched.

Thank you too to all who left their sweetest messages. This sure would make me feel a lot better!! Thank you. I really found treasures in here! As soon as i can i will get back to all of you and do those wonderful tags i missed. Promise! :)

Thank God i found all of you! God bless us all.

14 comments:

Beth Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:17:00 AM  

i'm glad that you're already ok! you must've missed Yena a lot! take extra care now!

Beth Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:25:00 AM  

googled na fleet enema, hehehe! super uncomfy nga...i hope i won't experience doing that in the future! :) ingat ka na ha?

ghieGANDA Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:05:00 PM  

hehe.. its gud ur fine now. hope meds would do best in lysing ur stones. =)

sheng Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:30:00 PM  

Thanks God u're okay now...everyday i was just guessing what happen to you coz u haven't updated your blog for a days...thought that maybe you had a real bad days w/ regards to your post last jan 7...

I'm happy that your back and your okay...

Take care...

Umma Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:31:00 PM  

Felt relieve that you are now feeling well my dear. My instinct already told me that you must be confined in a hospital bec of your abdominal pain.
But it was a good decision though.. you need not to wait until it get worst.

Kelangan pahinga na ang beauty mo jan.. take care ha?

Anonymous Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:33:00 PM  

hello sweetie! how are you na? so you were admitted to the hospital for a few days... kaya pala you were silent. i do hope you are feeling better na. i think it's good na you were admitted: at least you got tested and diagnosed early. prevention is still better than cure. sabi pa nga nila, bawal magkasakit. take better care of yourself and do not stress yourself with work. God bless!

Samantha Ysabelle Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:34:00 PM  

hi mommy niko! how are you na po? ingat po kayo always ha? sad ako kasi na-sick po pala kayo.. hope you'll be just fine. i'm sure yena missed you!

btw, i have award for you to brighten your day: http://syppera.blogspot.com/2009/01/friendship-award.html

me Monday, January 12, 2009 12:14:00 PM  

hi dear..how I wish I was there..all of the procedures done on you are under my field..I could have made you feel a little bit better..but anyways I am happy you're fine now..you have a combination of pathologies there..No wonder you were in so much pain..

Hope to hear from you soon dear..

Bonnie Monday, January 12, 2009 3:16:00 PM  

Oh dear..hope you feeling better now.. Do take care yourself ya..

Enchie Monday, January 12, 2009 4:03:00 PM  

Nice to see you smiling Niko...your little one is an angel!!! get all the rest you need :)

amiable amy Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:11:00 AM  

just checking....thank God you are okay now ... Pagaling ka and stay sweet...

Cookie Tuesday, January 13, 2009 5:58:00 PM  

Hi niks! great to know that your okay now. Kaya pala i haven't heard from you lastweek. you made a wise decision to be confined at the hospital. at least the doctors could very well monitor you and you'll be given right medications.
Pagaling ka ha!!! Take care and God bless!

iceah Wednesday, January 14, 2009 7:52:00 AM  

wow, di ko lam you got hospitalized pala! sorry nagyon lang nakabisita c: okay kna? mare listen to the Docs advice para galing agad and mayakap mona si Yena c:

SHIELA Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:27:00 PM  

karon ra ko nakabalo nga you are not well man diay last week :( i hope ok na ka karon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP