Monday, August 01, 2011

On Preterm Labor and Complete Bed Rest

I felt a sudden pain in my tummy friday morning at work and decided to call my OB right away. She said I should go to the nearest ER, but thinking I should go and see her directly, husband and I seemed to fly from Makati to Lasalle Dasmarinas to have baby number checked.

The OB said, I felt a pre-term labor and needed to have some bed rest for at least one week. And if possible I should start working from home to prevent another pre-term labor from happening. I am only 22 weeks pregnant and it would be risky to travel everyday to work like I used to.

Thinking of the work I left so suddenly I requested to the OB if I can have a rest until Monday. I feel so unfair to request that not thinking of risking baby number 2, so when my boss told me that it’s ok to take a rest I decided to have a complete one week bed rest. So am home bound since Friday, resting on my bed since weekend and up til now…

I wonder what else I can do aside from sleeping and browsing FB. I hope typing a blog post to update my blogs is somehow a ‘rest’. ^_^

8 comments:

Lucia ♡ Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:49:00 AM  

I saw a blog post about this on your husband's blog and had to rush over to your blog to let you know that my prayers are with you, dearie! You have to take care of yourself and rest a lot, okay? Sending you tons of gentle hugs :-*

Umma Tuesday, August 02, 2011 6:31:00 AM  

Oh my!! Must be careful mareng Niks..getting a bed rest is a good idea. I guess, your baby got stressed when you spent the vacation.

Take care... mwahness!

OSeƱorita Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:48:00 AM  

When your OB said that you should have a week's bed rest, it really means a bed rest. It also happened to me with my 2nd pregnancy before. But for me it's a 3 mos. bed rests until the baby came out. But with you, it's not really that serious, just follow your OB's advice and don't stress yourself too much. Relax and just take it easy. And everything's going to be fine. :)

www.orangesenorita.com

riablahgs Saturday, August 06, 2011 10:13:00 PM  

Take care sis. What you experience is not what every pregnant mommies want to happen. So, follow your doc's advise and if you have to extend your leave, do so. That happened to me too and I almost came to the decision of quitting my work. Thank God that my company was a bit understanding of my situation so they allowed me to take rests when there was an emergency like sudden bleeding.

Just lie down and don't think much of your work. Your baby is more important that anything else.

God Bless and be safe.

Hugs,
Ria C

It's My Party
Home is Where the Heart Is
Red Lips and Pinky Toes
Handmade with LOVE

Clarissa Friday, August 19, 2011 8:45:00 AM  

My dear Niko,wag matigas ang ulo,please take a rest at kailangan mo yan lalo na pag lagi kang stress sa work mo at biyahe.

Take care palagi ha!Hugs!

Clarissa Friday, August 19, 2011 8:45:00 AM  

My dear Niko,wag matigas ang ulo,please take a rest at kailangan mo yan lalo na pag lagi kang stress sa work mo at biyahe.

Take care palagi ha!Hugs!

Glenda is the name. =) Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:35:00 AM  

Hi, Ate Niko! How are you? your baby bump? and the fam? I hope all of you are doing great! I want you to know that I am praying for you and for your fast recovery! I'm super excited! Please tell Kuya Yobib to post pictures pag nandiyan na si baby #2, k? Wait, may name na ba kayo? Take care, Ate! Love you!

riablahgs Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:39:00 PM  

how are you keeping these days sis? hope all is well...

hugs,
Ria C

It's My Party
Home is Where the Heart Is
Red Lips and Pinky Toes
The Travel Bug
Handmade with LOVE

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP