Monday, July 04, 2011

Wanted: OB in Cavite

I don’t like my first OB on my first pregnancy. She was recommended by a friend but it was late to find out that she loves to do CS to her patients. So I decided to go to a different OB now that I’m on my second pregnancy, she’s also recommended by a friend so I told myself I will stick with her until I give birth.

Both OBs are old, must be very expert at their field, they are at their prime and don’t seem to enjoy much being an OB. I say so, because both don’t smile often and don’t give as much as advises to their pregnant patients. They seem irritated at little questions and look so intimidating. I have my monthly checkup with her and there were thoughts of my transferring to much accommodating OB but I told myself to stick with her and endure the nine months of seeing her unhappy face during consultation.

But I was so fed up last Saturday when I waited for three hours outside her clinic and when we finally met for less than 5 minutes consultation she answered my question sarcastically. I asked her what to do that I feel hurt every time I sit down, I feel that the baby might be so low considering the fact that I commute to work every day and sometimes stand up for hours in the bus. Mockingly she said, “buy a car, hire a driver or let someone carry you to work, or else ride an airplane or a helicopter and you won’t feel any pain!”

If she was younger I might have walk out of her clinic right away. But she’s so old to utter those words to her pregnant patient! Can anybody out there give me an OB that’s accommodating to simple question like that?!! I know there are a lot of accommodating and kind OB out there and it’s not yet too late to find a new one.

If you know someone, please let me know. I really need to get a new OB in La Salle UMC Dasmarinas. Thank you very much.

7 comments:

Yami Monday, July 04, 2011 11:46:00 AM  

Hi mare. kainis yang OB mo ha. Pinapalitan na mga ganyan.

Try mo kaya walk-in sa hospital mo, kung type mo lang. Kasi ako noon wala din kilala sa Capitol Medical Center, nagwalk-in lang ako sa isang clinic dun kaya nakilala ko dati ko OB. Medyo may edad na rin siya noon eh. Sa tingin ko mare you look for a younger OB para at ease ka magsabi ng mga concerns mo abt. your pregnancy.

Take care. :)

Umma Monday, July 04, 2011 12:52:00 PM  

OMG.. what kind of OBGyne was she? I guess she is in menopausal stage.. if I were you, I already walk out right then and there (talking about the raging hormones).

Need to change your OB asap mareng Niks. You deserve a warm and caring OB
specifically that you are expecting.

Mommy Kharen Monday, July 04, 2011 2:08:00 PM  

Sa asia medic try mo teh. okay OB dun..yung nging ob ni nene magaling yun kilala din xa sa La Salle nirefer na rin saken yun ei balak ko lumipat kaso friends sila ng ob ko dun shyness naman.. okay naman din ob ko nag iinarte lang ako..hehehe
Basta sa OB rm 202..si Dra. PAlasi yung isa(un ung ob ko) di ko matandaan yung name nung isa ei yun ung gusto ko din lipatan kasi mabenta pangalan niya sa La Salle nung ilang beses ako ng pa ER..same room sila cubicle lang pagitan..

niko Monday, July 04, 2011 2:30:00 PM  

@kha,

ung second OB ko si nene nga nag recommend. and i won't go back to her na. i hope magkaiba ung ni rerecommend ni nene sa sinabi nya saken na ha kasi super di sya accommodating at mukang di na sya masaya sa work nya! un lng :)

OSeñorita Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:16:00 AM  

Had the same experience with my first OB before. She is also old, and sad to say, also a relative. I changed OB too at the 5th month of my pregnancy.Luckily, I found a younger and more accommodating OB. But she's at Parañaque Med. I don't know any OB from De La Salle, Cavite. I hope you'll find a new OB soon. I know how you felt. And every pregnant woman deserves a more accommodating and friendly OB to make her more at ease all throughout her pregnancy.

Clarissa Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:02:00 AM  

Nakakainis yang OB mo ha!You don't deserve that kind of treatment at dapat matagal mo na cyang pinalitan dear. Kung may problema cya sa trabaho nya wag cya dapat mangdamay ng tao noh!naku!na high blood aketch!

Baguio Girl Wednesday, July 06, 2011 2:57:00 PM  

aray juice ko. swerte pala ako sa OB ko. kasing-edad siguro sya ni mama nung time na yun, kaya mejo bata pa ano? lagi din nakasmile. e yun nga binabayaran mo dun teh, yung bait nila at pasensya at pagbibigay ng lakas ng loob at matinong advise. gaga pala yang OB mo e. pano naging OB yan? nahayblad din ako. hahaha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP