Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Letter to Someone who's Gone


Dear Papa,

Please don’t tell your son but sometimes I dread going home to see Mamato alone. I’m so used to seeing you and Mamato together. I still wish I can see you waiting for us at the front door or sitting at the veranda. Your face will be all aglow upon seeing Yena.. I would touch your hand and you would smile back. How I miss seeing your smile, hearing your voice and touching your hands.

I still wish we could talk about our recent getaway; I know you would smile on all our stories, especially when husband would goof around about riding an airplane and all. I miss Sundays, especially at the church and the nonstop videoke sessions in the afternoon. You always have the longest list of the songs you like to sing over and over again. I miss hearing your singing especially Martin Nievera’s song. Promise of Love has a lot of version; it was always sung by you, your sons and nephews (in particular order). Oh how I miss hearing your high tone and those times you would stop awhile and would still go on.

I might have cried buckets the day you left us, but I know you are in a much better place now. And I shall find comfort knowing that wherever you are right now, I know there is no more pain only happiness.

We love you papa and we miss you so much.


Your daughter in law,
Niko

1 comments:

Mommy Liz Friday, October 30, 2009 8:10:00 AM  

Very touching naman tong letter na to Mare, I can relate to your feelings about losing someone you love..Hmmm..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP