Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Taste of Home at an Online Store

It is a frequent conversation with a close friend on how she misses Filipino food so badly every single day. She lives abroad and all the dishes she has been missing she gets contentment from a nearby asian store. One time she shows me how much a sardines cost her, I dropped my jaw. It is very costly, that is the price of leaving one’s country she told me. For times she is into moods of Filipino food and craves so much I appease her by saying I will send it to her by email, of course I was just kidding her. But now is the time of great innovation through the internet, anybody can now purchase anything of her liking at an online store.

Efooddepot.com has been her constant source of the ‘taste of home’ she terribly misses. The site carries food from all over the world; Asia, Indian, European, Middle Eastern, South American. A Filipino store just a few clicks away is all she has been! She told me visit it one time and I started drooling over Japanese noodles. The site has lists of over 4000 recipes for various food dishes too! I don’t doubt why they are called the largest ethnic super market presently. The cost of shipping wouldn’t hurt one’s pocket too, coz they charge a flat rate of $4.99 for shipping. I was told that this site offers almost every hard to find food products such as snacks, sauces, spices, cooking mixes, sweets, cookies, beverages etc. I was kidding to change her name to asian food grocer as she is a frequent customer of that site, she might as well know every price and sell them. She wouldn’t disagree; she knows am just stating a fact!

To my delight, the site does not only offer a wide range of food, it also offers electronics, fashion and fashion accessories, and other miscellaneous items for home. Am not blaming her for staying almost every day at that site, It is indeed a nice site to hang about!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP