Monday, June 08, 2009

Does Entrecard has Virus?

That's a question. I don't mean to say that entrecard really has a virus, i will just share what happened to my computer since last week.

As i don’t have much time to blog hop and to drop cards because of very tight schedule, i managed to pull off and drop almost ten cards to reciprocate my droppers at my drops inbox last friday. Alas, after a little 5 minutes my computer runs slowly and my anti virus has been reacting already. So I stopped dropping. After less than a minute, our IT guy called me and told me to stop using my pc. They detected a very ‘destructive’ virus that was coming into my computer and was trying to attack our networks computers. My officemate who sits next to me experienced the first strike; he wasn’t able to log in to his own computer and his every attempt to sign in results to him being locked out.

Luckily we have a spare pc here at office coz another officemate is on maternity leave. I have been working on her pc since Friday. I know I still have to drop but the thought of any virus is scaring me. Hope entrecard can do something to fix this.

11 comments:

Cody Monday, June 08, 2009 2:06:00 PM  

That's strange. Malwares are indeed rampant these days. It is also possible that it was not Entrecard per se which caused the problem but a malware that happens to use some of Entrecard's vulnerabilities. In short, the malware gained entry to your network through Entrecard. I'm not sure of that yet, though. It's good that you posted this to warn others. And yes, hopefully entrecard can do something to fix this.

Gracia Monday, June 08, 2009 2:52:00 PM  

Ate Niko, thanks for the suggestion, just want to ask one question. If I change my url to a new one is it still possible to retain all my blog entries or back to zero talaga ako?


(forgive me,off topic po ito)

Clarissa Monday, June 08, 2009 5:25:00 PM  

I don't know about Entrecard but I hope maayos din to.Thanks for posting!^_^

iceah Monday, June 08, 2009 5:42:00 PM  

baka may nadropan ka na blog na may malware :p kasi pagganyan nadedetect kagad ng anti virus namin tapos iwawarn kami kagad before we open their blog.

thanx for the constant visits dear c: sorry ngayon lang yung akin kasi nahawa si josh sakin :c

ghieGANDA Monday, June 08, 2009 6:37:00 PM  

yeah that is so true.. that's why i don't attempt dropping ECs using our pc at home. wala kaming matinong antivirus eh. hehehe..

Chubskulit Rose Monday, June 08, 2009 7:37:00 PM  

ako mare tinatapos ko na lang yung isa pang ads sakin then aalisin ko na ec kasi di ako nakakapagdrop eh..

Gracia Monday, June 08, 2009 8:03:00 PM  

ate niko, please add me once again in your 3 blogs, i already change my URL to www.graciasmindspeak.blogspot.com



Thank a lot sa help ate.

kikamz Monday, June 08, 2009 8:34:00 PM  

hello aniknik! hindi yan because of entrecard. that's because of malware.. there are sites kasi that has entrecard na may malware. kakainis ang mga yan! alis sana kami today ni sam ngayon kaso naiwan ang stroller nya sa car at andun, kasama sa office ng daddy nya. bukas na lang kami alis. ngayon, drop ecs muna ako. hehe! take care ganda!

Meryl (proud pinay) Tuesday, June 09, 2009 2:50:00 PM  

thanks for the info sis...

amiable amy Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:15:00 AM  

Hmmm...that is really sad noh? Ang akin, yung cbox, may mga weird names na nag comment tapos when i visit their sites, ayun nag hang na yung PC ko...after a week,totally WALA ! Yun nga i paid $89 just to open it. Erase lahat files. Hayy naku, mga tao talaga sa mundo na imbes gamitin ang talino sa mabuting bagay, distruction inaatupag.

I hope you can still open your EC. I am not a member nga pala.La na ako time eh.

riablahgs Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:42:00 AM  

Could be, with all those 'scripts"...anyway, I never had a good relationship with Entrecard...so okay lng ako...hahahaha

hugs,
ria c
It's My Party

The Fashop

In My Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP