Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dilemma of a Working Mom

I did not report to office today! Since yena has rashes all over her body it would be so hard for me to go to work and leave her just that without consulting her pedia. I thought she had measles already but it was another allergy called atopic dermatitis.

Last night was mind bothering, i was thinking of two things: (1) should i take a leave to bring yena to pedia or (2) just report to work?!

Another leave on this peak season of reports would look like being an irresponsible employee. I was thinking of our appraisal and its complimentary salary increase. To that is another thought balloon of; if i am still productive for the company to think that for another fever, cough or colds, or rashes i would never report to work next day. To add that a 'K' for a text reply from superiors for an emergency leave seems like 'again?!' or 'whatever'.

But to leave my daughter's situation to report to my day job seems so being a negligent mother! Leaving her everyday to work is an ultimate sacrifice already, but having no decent job in this trying times to help support for the family is like a suicide!

Now, my problem last night is still what am thinking now. i wanted to monitor yena's condition, her rashes even if the pedia says is only an allergy, i wanted to be with her! but my reports seem so endless, being on leave for days would possibly ruin my employment.

Sigh.

11 comments:

Cecile Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:44:00 AM  

I know how you feel dear; but sometimes, you have got to do , what you've got to do no matter what the circumstances are. Hope Yena will get better soon.

Have a good one dear!

pehpot Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:29:00 AM  

I hope yena will get well really soon!

nag kaganyan din si
Chico, 2 to 3 days bago nawala
Make or Break

Umma Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:56:00 AM  

Wawa naman inaanak ko.. Is she ok na mare? I hope the allergy will subsides soon.

You know I thought about it too when I rcvd your email Mare.. about ur work..I know its hard to choose between your job and baby.
Just the thought of it, gives me headache but still Yena's welfare is top priority. I guess you should talk to your superior about it, because iba kasi pag sa text lang, di ba?

Mummy Gwen Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:32:00 AM  

Hope Yena's rashes subside soon. Agree with Umma, talk to yr superior about it.

Mommy Liz Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:53:00 AM  

Employers should give consideration expecially kung sabihin mong it's yor child that is concerned. Dito kasi ina allow ang leave of absence para sa pag alaga ng family member. Talk to your supervisor, she might understand.. I hope Yena feels better soon..

Beth Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:51:00 AM  

As I've shared on my comments on your other posts, I've been in your situation, AS IN! i know how difficult it is for you...
my son has asthma and he had attacks almost every other week, and there were times when I was absent from work 2 days in one week and that's every other week! ---to my superior's dismay...
anyway, our kids should be our priority. Yena needs you. Minsan lang naman ung allergies pero paperworks laging mdami. :) sympre, joke lang yan. kidding aside, pray natin that your superior will understand your situation. Ingat!

Enchie Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:36:00 AM  

Kahit full time mom ako at home, I understand your dilemma. That's hard. I hope Yena will get well na. The sooner the better.

Chubskulit Rose Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:50:00 AM  

Hello Mare, okay na ba si Yena? Ihope okay na sya, wawa naman ang aking mamanugangin huhuhu.. don't worry too much mare, just have faith, He will take care of Yena!

Anonymous Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:19:00 PM  

I can relate. Even if you decide to work, hindi ka rin mapapakali, knowing that there's something wrong with your kid. Your office should understand.

iceah Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:58:00 AM  

oo nga dami dapat isipin, pray for guidance am sure He will point out which is important now c:

Clarissa Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:02:00 PM  

I understand your situation--mahirap nga yung maging full time Mom ka eh,mas lalo na ang working Mom cyempre!Hope that Yena's feeling better now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP