Thursday, October 30, 2008

Downside

i have been holding it in for so many days now. my daughter is sick and as much as i want to be with her 24/7, i have to work my ass out to help provide for our finances. after my ninety days maternity leave and on day one of going back to work, i saw myself marching into a battle field, i had to wrestle my emotions and focus on my work, fight back the tears and hold it off as longer as i can. i have to be tough. i have to be a warrior and defeat my weaker side.

i was on leave yesterday, i have to bring my daughter back to her pedia, she is still sick.. i dont know then what it is with mothers or being a mother?! but now i understand, who would want her beloved child sick? is there such thing as a substitute? if only i can carry her pain away!

i was on battlefield again today, an hour ago before going to work, i for the nth time feel the downside of being a working mom, it's hard when..

your child is sick, and doesnt want to be held by anyone except you

your child holds your face, take a grip at your clothes and doesnt like to let you go,

your daughter cries out loud when she saw you leave, and you wont even try to look back because it will mean you will cry louder!

and then you tried to look back, and saw her trying to be calm while holding her toy and then wave goodbye.

6 comments:

sheng Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:16:00 PM  

worried na ako ha! ano ba nangyari n2man sa baby niko ko..

sana gumaling na cia para nde ka na rin mag alala at para masaya lahat.

Umma Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:44:00 PM  

I could relate to your feeling Niko ganda, I just wish that baby Yena will feel better soon. I mean very soon.
I could just imagine, she is crying once you leave her for work bec my baby is just like that. He only wants Mommy.

Take care Yena, dont get sick anymore ok?

Kreez Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:48:00 PM  

oh no! i hope she feels well very soon! i can only imagine how tough it must be for you!

niko Friday, October 31, 2008 1:31:00 PM  

ate sheng, umma and kreez,

baby yena is getting better, somehow i can focus on work now.

thanks for all your cheers! hope she will be a lot better this weekends..

thanks! mwah

ms firefly Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:01:00 AM  

i hope the baby's feeling fine now! stay strong nik!

Anonymous Thursday, November 06, 2008 6:18:00 PM  

yeah when baby sick parents always worry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP