Thursday, September 09, 2010

Yena’s Letter to her Lolo

Today is my father’s 71st birthday. Just timing coz today’s theme at Letters That I’ll Never Send is a letter to grandparents. As much as I want to write a love note to my father, I will just do that some other time, today is yena’s moment to shine, and if yena could write her lolo a letter I guess it goes like this...

Dearest Lolo,

I love you. I always pray to Jesus to heal you completely so you can walk with ease and would not use your cane when we go to the market. I pray for your complete healing, for you and lola’s long life and for good customers in your small business. When I grow up I could be your assistant, I promise.

I write to tell you that I love it every time you buy me ice cream, bread and banana. The ice cream is my most favorite in the afternoon. Since you don’t want to see me crying you would give in to whatever I like. I am kinda spoiled by you but just like kuya yael and ate eya, you are the only person we’re scared of (for good reasons or because we’re afraid of your cane hihih).

I asked you what do you like for your birthday but you just shake your head. Mommy said you wished for a vacation to Aklan and Daddy said we will go there by January. I know you are as excited as I am. I hope you enjoy your day and the chocolate cake and Lola’s yummiest pancit. And we will sing videoke! I know you like that! ^_^


Happy Happy Birthday Lolo!

Love love love you much,
Yena



4 comments:

Clarissa Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:51:00 AM  

Baka takot mapalo sa cane ni Lolo nya ^_^ Lolo's din girl pala si Yenggay!

bonz @ little zoie Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:55:00 PM  

aww... what a loving letter.

happy birthday to your lolo, yena!

Apostolic Lighthouse Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:58:00 AM  

This is a heart warming letter and I know that her Lolo (grandpa) will be happy and will probably have tears in his eyes when he read this. I will pray for your lolo's recovery.

Pastor Chuck

XmasDolly Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:13:00 PM  

Nothing is stronger than a child's love for her mentor, whether it be her father or grandfather. A very heart tugging letter. So sweet. Thank you for stopping by at my blog. I'm now following you. Nice to meet you. I hope you come back soon to my blog & don't forget to check out the give-aways! Have a great weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP