Monday, April 05, 2010

PBW: Feast of the Risen Christ

Photobucket
I haven't experienced Easter egg hunting in my whole life, i grew up in our place where Easter is celebrated with dancing in the street aka KARAKOL. To where i live we celebrate the Feast of the Risen Christ. For a change, i planned on bringing my daughter to the mall to experience egg hunting but i can't leave the festive mood so we stayed and watch the street dance.

The lady holding the statue of the Risen Christ was our Brgy Chairman. Yearly, my mother, her sister and their cousin would participated in karakol..
Can you guess who's my mother in the picture above? from right to left, the first beauty in green is my mom, the second one our kapitana and the third one my mother's sister. ^_^

Now the dancers on their very colorful costumes..
There are lots of statues of the Risen Christ and the Sto Nino's too. Sadly those who carries the statues were under the influence. :(
It was a great week all in all. How about you? How was your weekend?

8 comments:

Paula Monday, April 05, 2010 9:20:00 AM  

Waa antagal ko na atang hindi nakakakita ng ganito. Nakaka-miss din.

Mommy Diary
Paula's Place
WAHM sa Pinas

Ebie Monday, April 05, 2010 9:57:00 AM  

Wow! What a festive way to celebrate Christ's resurrection!

All the colorful costumes and street dancing. Hindi pa ako nakakita ng ganito sa bayan namin sa Negros.

Thanks for sharing!

sassy mom Monday, April 05, 2010 8:32:00 PM  

Same here Niko, I never experienced Easter Egg Hunting when I was a kid. I enjoyed Easter celebrating with the church festivities, which I now miss.

Ang fiesta sa Pinas ay tunay na makulay.

Anonymous Monday, April 05, 2010 11:14:00 PM  

Great costumes and nice shots, mommy! I havent had the privilege to witness that festival. :) Lucky, lucky!

jannet Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:46:00 AM  

that's nice... like you, no easter eggs in our place too. but i got some pictures of penitensya and prusisyon in my blog.. you can see it if you want. tennajp.blogspot.com.
thanks! more power!

Marice Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:45:00 AM  

same here! its been ages since I saw such a festivities! :) thanks for sharing!

u may view mine here

Mommy Liz Wednesday, April 07, 2010 2:05:00 AM  

I love the costumes, kahit medyo mature na ang nag suot, ang gaganda pa rin nila.

Clarissa Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:53:00 AM  

Sobrang colorful naman ng costumes nila!I miss those parades sa Pinas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template 'Tranquility' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP